Thanks for a great 2013 Windjammer Days Festival!!!
Join us for the 52nd Annual Windjammer Days Festival... June 24-June 25, 2014.
Dates are subject to change.
Thanks to WCSH 6 for featuring Boothbay Harbor, Maine for "This is Home Windjammer Days 2013"
"WELCOME ABOARD!" Join us June 25th to 26th for the Boothbay Harbor Region's yearly celebration of our rich maritime history, the 51st Annual Windjammer Days Festival!
Video provided by Maine Office of Tourism
At this year's Windjammer Days Festival you will find something for everyone and most of the events are FREE to the public! You will see beautiful windjammers sail into Boothbay Harbor, including a motley gang of pirates that will defend Boothbay Harbor against the British in a tribute to the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 striking not terror but delight in the hearts of all those they encounter.
Enjoy sailboat races, a unique antique boat parade, a lively street parade, incredible fireworks over the harbor on Wednesday evening, creative kids programs and games, free concerts, and an artist's alley and craft show are just a few of the family fun events. This is just a sampling of all the fun and free events you will experience when you come to Boothbay Harbor for Windjammer Days 51st Annual celebration.
This wonderful event celebrates and honors a time before there were planes, trains, and automobiles and sailing ships were the best way to travel the world or transport goods long distances. Windjammers were the grandest of the merchant ships from the era, enormous sailing boats with several large masts designed to carry massive amounts of cargo from one continent to another. For centuries, the Boothbay Harbor Region has been a center of American shipping and shipbuilding, its harbor graced by elegant Windjammers as well as other commercial pleasure ships.
Visit the 51st Annual Windjammer Days Festival for an unforgettable coastal Maine experience... a great time for family, fun and fabulous food!
poster by Mali Welch, Maine Magazine
- Windjammer Days 2013 Part 1:
In The Know
- Windjammer Days 2013 Part 2:
By The Numbers
- Windjammer Days 2013 part 3:
A Maine Tradition
- Windjammer Days 2013 part 4:
Sign Me Up!
- Windjammer Days 2013 part 5:
11 Tall Ships
- 50th Anniversary Flash Mob Video
- 50th Anniversary Pirate Attack
- 50th Anniversary Jammers vs. Joggers
- 50th Annual Windjammer Days Festival Video
- Antique Boat Parade
- WMTW News 8 Video
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
SCHOONERS & MORE
- Overview of Street Parade
- Online Float/Participant Registration
- Print Registration Form
- Parade Waiver Form
ANTIQUE BOAT PARADE
- Antique Boat Parade Overview
- Letter from the Chamber Director
- Antique Boat Parade Registration
- Invitation to Captain's Reception
- It's Lights, Camera, Action
- Pirates of the Dark Rose Return
- 11 Windjammers are Coming
- Grand Marshal for the Windjammer Days Street Parade Announced
- Join the Street Parade
- Antique Boat Parade New Viewing Area
- Artists Alley
- Boothbay Harbor Region Chamber of Commerce Welcomes New Windjammer Days Chairs
- Hosts Captain's Dinner
- Chamber Appeals to Businesses and Citizens to Sponsor the Event
Northeast Media Associates