Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is hiring Café Team Members!
Are you looking for a summer job that offers competitive pay, a beautiful work environment, and awesome co-workers? We’re looking for Café Team Members who are excited about inspiring meaningful connections among people, plants, and nature in one of the most beautiful settings in Maine. See the full list of opportunities on our website: https://www.mainegardens.org/employment/
Café Team Members support the mission by using local, seasonal, and Gardens-grown ingredients and products to connect our guests to the natural world around them. Team members working in Culinary will perform tasks in a professional manner with awareness and kindness towards guests, volunteers, and other team members. Collaboration, clear communication, and creativity are important in maintaining a healthy, efficient, and sustainable work environment. Team members will always ensure that health and food safety standards are being followed and maintained. This effort results in a transformational culinary experience which enriches a guest’s visit while generating meaningful financial support for the Gardens and our community.
Full-time or part-time hours available.
Our regular season runs May through October. We can be flexible with start and end dates.
Starting pay $15.75 – 17.00 per hour.
Seasonal staff receive paid time off, holiday pay, discounts in Culinary and Gardenshop, and a Garden membership!
· Excellent customer service skills with a friendly, positive attitude.
· Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be comfortable interacting with guests, volunteers, staff, board members, and the community, striving to exceed guest expectations and creating an exceptional experience for those visiting the Gardens.
· Attention to detail and cleanliness.
· Teamwork orientation that supports and uplifts the work environment.
· Capable of working independently.
· Verbal communication skills and ability to communicate proficiently in English.
· A desire to learn more about the Gardens.
· Commitment to working across the organization to support the integration of IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility) principles into CMBG’s internal operations and its relationships with visitors and guests.
· Opening and/or closing the Market and the POS, using cash management.
· Operating the POS system accurately and efficiently.
· Knowledgeable in the food offerings, beverages, and snacks in the Market.
· Brew coffee and maintain self-serve beverage area as needed.
· Greet and provide excellent customer service to all visitors, members, employees, and volunteers who visit the Market.
· Restock merchandise in a timely way throughout the day.
· Keep the Market clean and tidy each day; maintain organization at the register and in storage areas.
· Bring questions or issues to the attention of management in a timely and appropriate manner, and share customer feedback with management.
· Support a culture that welcomes all people to the Gardens to create meaningful experiences with the natural world and the people around them.
· Continually update your knowledge and understanding of CMBG, including the Gardens’ layout and its range of offerings, in order to provide accurate information and helpful assistance to guests.
· Participate in Gardens-wide initiatives including Gardens Aglow assignments