Boothbay Harbor is not without its winter festivities! Join the region as they celebrate the season in grand, old-fashioned holiday style with the 34th Annual Harbor Lights Festival. The Festival offers a variety of activities for young and old and will surely put you in the holiday spirit! Meet Mr. and Mrs. Clause who arrive via boat, take a horse-drawn wagon ride around the harbor, sing Christmas Carols, watch the lighted boat parade, and gather up lots of cheerful holiday merriment.
Purchase your tickets online for Coastal Maine Botanical Garden’s major winter event, Gardens Aglow, and discover the many local restaurants and businesses that will be teaming up to offer an unforgettable experience. Harbor Lights is just one event in the much larger Boothbay Lights lineup this year. This is an opportunity to experience the best of Boothbay, in the winter season. You’ll have the chance to do some holiday shopping, dine at our delicious restaurants, enjoy festival events and so much more!
Schedule for Harbor Lights – Dec 7th 2019
- Craft Show at the Boothbay Harbor Fire Station – 9:00 AM -4:00 PM
- Festival of Trees at the Opera House in Boothbay Harbor – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Santa & Mrs.Claus Arrives by Boat at the Boothbay Harbor Town Landing – 1:00 PM
- Visits & Photos with Santa at the Boothbay Harbor Memorial Library – 1:15 PM – 3:30 PM
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides Rides begin at the Boothbay Harbor Opera House – 1:30 PM- 4:00 PM
- Story Time at Sherman’s Bookstore – 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Caroling and Lighting of the Christmas Tree on the Boothbay Memorial Library Lawn – 4:00 PM
- Grand Opening Reception for Art in the Square at the Boothbay Region Art Foundation – 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Gardens Aglow at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens – 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Live Nativity at Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church – 4:30 PM
- Parade Viewing Party tbd – 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Lighted Boat Parade & Light the Shore in the Inner Harbor – 5:00 PM
- Wrap Up and Awards Party tbd – 6:00 PM