Our goal is to provide affordable, high-quality, accessible (including walk-ins) health care on the Boothbay peninsula. We provide a caring, fun, professional environment, with attention to detail, so that all patients’ needs are met in a timely fashion. We are a non-profit that is run by patients for patients. And we offer an innovative program in Brain Health to reverse Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
Our work environment includes: Growth opportunities
Boothbay Region Health Center is a small, non-profit private family practice in Boothbay Harbor, ME. We are looking for a dependable individual to provide exceptional customer service to our patients and their families.
- Ensure that each medical provider’s schedule is fully booked and fill in cancellations with patients who are on the waitlist or who request same-day appointments
- Greet and check-in outpatients at the front desk, including entering insurance information accurately
- Answer telephones and document each call on the computer system; juggle phone calls as necessary to place callers on hold or to call them right back
- Collect payments from patients at the front desk
- Schedule patient appointments and collect payment from patients for services rendered
- Update patient records in the system
- Scan documents into patient charts
- Check patients out at the front desk when they are ready to leave, making sure they have their next appointments or labs scheduled
- Maintain security of patient information
- Make CDs of Medical Records for patients & Insurance companies
- Maintain the office facility, including ordering supplies, ensuring that printers, computer systems, and phones are all working properly
- Sort and organize incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Excellent customer service skills with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple phone calls.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, patients, visitors, family members, and management. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively. Ability to work independently or as an integral member of a team. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to remain calm under pressure. Good sense of humor. Must have the ability to follow instructions, receive direction, and perform duties as assigned by medical staff. Must have good judgment about when to interrupt a medical provider with an important question. Should be able to run a smooth-running office and maintain a calm, professional, and friendly atmosphere.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Continuing education credits
- Employee discount
- Free health screenings
- Free Parking
- Health savings account
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Uniform allowance
- Private practice
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please send resume and cover letter to: Maureen Kinsey, HR chair [email protected]
Call 350-1134 with questions