Now hiring Dock Staff at Carefree Boat Club of Maine in Boothbay Harbor
Love boating and working outside? We are seeking Seasonal Dock Staff to support our fleet of boats for our members. Carefree Boat Club offers a fun work environment devoted to creating an enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere for our members. As such, you’ll be the all-important front-facing part of the overall operation. We’re looking for individuals who share our passion for boating and our commitment to delivering the highest level of customer service. A typical hire can range from a high school and college student to the retired individual who enjoys staying active along the waterfront.
Dock Staff Main Responsibilities:
· Provide members, employees, and prospective members with top-notch service. Including, but not limited to, anticipates and addresses guests’ needs, and expedites requests from members including transport of baggage to and from the dockside.
· Carry out routine cleaning duties that meet established quality standards for all Boat Club related operations and assuring all boats are equipped with proper safety equipment. Also assist with boat refueling operations when required ensuring safe refueling procedures.
· Maintain an orderly dock which will include securing boats.
Member Check-in and Check-out:
· Always ensure member safety and assist members with boarding/disembarking boats, casting off/securing lines.
· Complete thorough boat inspections to isolate damage and/or verify the boat is operational and follow procedures to record asset damage or incident reports.
· Maintain accurate records in the reservation system, maintain the dock log, and answer phones.
· Monitor weather and communicate with members and staff about hazardous conditions.
Qualifications and Required Physical Abilities
· Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
· Technical skills: iPad, iPhone, Google Scheduler.
· Comfort around water and boating knowledge is a plus.
· Transfer between boat and docks, work outside in various weather conditions, be able to lift up to 30lbs.
Available Shifts and Pay: We are seeking part-time and full-time (40-hour) seasonal employees.
This position receives hourly pay plus tips.
· 7:00 AM/8:00AM – 2:00PM
· 1:00 PM-7:00/8:00 PM
· 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM/6:00 PM (floating shift)
Marina Location: 19 By-Way Boothbay Harbor, ME
Office Location: 5 Oak St. Boothbay Harbor, ME
How to apply: Email [email protected] and include a resume/bio, ideal start date and end date if applicable and available hours