Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is hiring Guest Experience Team Members!
Are you looking for a job that offers competitive pay, a beautiful work environment, and awesome co-workers? We’re looking for Guest Experience and Phones Team Members who are excited about inspiring meaningful connections among people, plants, and nature in one of the most beautiful settings in Maine.
This position supports the mission by serving as an ambassador for the organization, providing guests with a welcoming entry to the Gardens, whether as a phone receptionist or while working at the admissions desk. The Guest Experience Team is often the first impression guests have of Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens (CMBG), and they provide a valuable opportunity to enrich the visitor experience through friendly, helpful, and efficient service.
Part-time hours available. Admissions positions available.
This position will run until Jan.1st of 2024. The hours through October 22nd will be between 8:30-5:30 pm. Starting mid November, the hours will adjust to evenings to work Gardens Aglow.
Starting pay $17.00 – 18.00 per hour.
Seasonal staff receive paid time off, holiday pay, discounts in Culinary and Gardenshop, and a Garden membership!
· Excellent customer service skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to communicate proficiently in English.
· Ability to comfortably interact with guests, volunteers, staff, board members, and the community.
· Possess a teamwork orientation that supports and uplifts the work environment.
· When answering phones, the ability to sit for long periods of time.
· When working in Admissions, the ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to use Microsoft computer programs, a point-of-sale system (TAM) and email.
· Commitment to working across the organization to support the integration of IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility) principles into CMBG’s internal operations and its relationships with visitors and guests.
· Greet guests with a welcoming, friendly demeanor and respond to any guest questions or complaints with courtesy and patience.
· Actively engage in membership development.
· Continually update knowledge and understanding of CMBG and its range of offerings, including lectures, exhibits, tours, and other public programs to provide accurate information and helpful assistance to guest.
· Support a culture that welcomes all people to the Gardens and creates meaningful experiences with the natural world and the people around them.
· Process admissions on the point-of-sale system (TAM).
· Process cash and credit card payments.
· Assist guests with reserving mobility scooters, wheelchairs, and walkers.
· Help keep the Visitor Center neat and clean during operating hours, including regular bathroom checks and sweeping or vacuuming floors when the Facilities Department is not available.
· Open and close the Visitor Center.
· Conduct a sweep of the Gardens at closing time and monitor parking lots to ensure that all guests have left the property.
See the full list of opportunities on our website: https://www.mainegardens.org/employment/