Seasonal Custodian Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is hiring a Seasonal Custodian!
Are you looking for a summer job that offers competitive pay, a beautiful work environment, and awesome co-workers? We’re looking for a Seasonal Custodian who is excited about inspiring meaningful connections among people, plants, and nature in one of the most beautiful settings in Maine. See the full list of opportunities on our website: https://www.mainegardens.org/employment/
The Custodian ensures a pleasant and safe experience for guests and employees by maintaining the cleanliness of the facilities. This person will work with indirect supervision, performing daily, event-related, and seasonal tasks.
Full-time and Part-time hours available.
Our regular season runs May through October. We can be flexible with start and end dates.
Starting pay $19.00 – 20.00 per hour.
Seasonal staff receive paid time off, holiday pay, discounts in Culinary and Gardenshop, and a Garden membership!
· Keen attention to detail while holding a high standard of quality.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests, co-workers, supervisors, and others.
· Knowledge and ability to operate and maintain power equipment and hand tools used for cleaning and general maintenance such as buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high-pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees.
· Familiarity with the hazards and precautions of the work, including the use of chemicals.
· Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions regarding their use.
· Ability to work safely from a ladder.
· Ability to stand and walk up to four hours at a time, to stoop and reach as needed.
· Strong ability to follow directions, perform basic calculations, proficient in reading, writing, organizing, and innovation.
· Basic computer literacy and use of programs such as email and schedules.
· Commitment to working across the organization to support the integration of IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility) principles into CMBG’s internal operations and its relationships with visitors and guests.
· Clean, sanitize, and restock restrooms using established practices and procedures.
· Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; wash accessible interior and exterior windows; clean blinds; wash walls and equipment; collect recycling materials; launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
· Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.