This position is for an administrative professional in the Service Department at Hodgdon Yacht Services, a full-service boatyard located in Southport, Maine. We are looking for a motivated and organized candidate that enjoys working as part of a team in a busy office environment. We need someone to help support our Service Managers and General Manager with various administrative tasks. This position will also be responsible for helping to answer phones and greeting visitors in a professional and courteous manner. General boat knowledge is helpful but not a requirement. If you have a passion for efficiency, possess excellent communication skills, and are excited about being a part of the marine industry, we are interested in hearing from you!
· Update and create customer and boat information in Dockmaster.
· Scan and update boat forms including technician checklists for spring commissioning, fall decommissioning and Winter work requests.
· Cataloging and labeling of tenders and outboard storage.
· Assist with answering the phones and directing customers to the correct department.
· 2-3 years of administrative experience preferred
· Excellent computer skills
· Must be able to perform calculations
· Must be proficient on a variety of software programs
· Must be able to follow directions and work as part of a team
· Must be able to meet the requirements of the schedule
· Computer terminal
· Printer, copier, and fax machine
· Professional office environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
· Ability to answer the phone
· Ability to sit for periods of time at a computer
· Must be able to climb up and down stairs
· Must be able to file
Full-time position Monday thru Friday with flexible scheduling. If you are interested in joining our team, please email: [email protected].