Company: Knickerbocker Group
Position Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Boothbay and/or Portland, ME
Knickerbocker Group is seeking an experienced, hard-working individual to join our team as a full-time Construction Project Manager in both our Boothbay and Greater Portland regions. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of day-to-day project tasks to construct the project on time, within budget and according to KG standards. They frequently interact with other project team members, subcontractors, vendors, and clients and are responsible for ensuring that services are being delivered to the highest level to ensure client satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Pre-Construction Assistance
· Project Documentation, Coordination and Communication
· Budget, Contract, Permitting and Safety
· Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise and direct the work of the construction team to ensure that tasks are done properly and on time.
· Monitor performance of work to assure excellent quality control and make certain that work conforms with all plans, specifications, and KG standards. Identify and communicate any deficient work to the appropriate parties.
· Ensure safety codes and regulations and company policies and procedures are enforced by the project field lead.
· Act as the first point of contact for construction team problems and concerns related to their assigned projects.
· Address minor inquiries, complaints, and performance concerns; reports larger problems that deserve attention to the Practice Leader.
· Train new project managers, technical administrators and team members as needed.
· Coach construction team by giving constructive feedback
· May be asked to suggest goals and professional development opportunities to the Practice Leader for annual employee performance reviews
· May be asked to provide input and/or participate in annual performance reviews
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a construction management related field preferred or the equivalent years of experience
· Minimum of 10 years of construction project management experience, with at least 5 of those years on high-end residential projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required; experience with Microsoft Project, Sage/Timberline Accounting, On-Screen Takeoff and Revit preferred
· Competent in reading and interpreting construction drawings/ sketches/ shop drawings/ specifications/ product data
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Valid driver’s license
· Construction safety training – OSHA 10 hour
· Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with employee premiums paid by the Company
· Health Savings Account option
· 401K Retirement Plan with 3% employer contribution
· Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance at no expense
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Stock Ownership Program
· Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Generous Parental Leave
· Continuing Education and Professional Licensing Reimbursement
CULTURE As a 100% employee-owned company, we strive for balance. We value spending time with our families, being active in our communities, and celebrating all Maine has to offer. Knickerbocker Group has repeatedly been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Maine and as both Best Architect and Best Builder in Maine by Down East magazine. We like to work hard and play hard too. If you’re excited to join a team of amazing people who work together on top tier residential and commercial projects, you’ve come to the right place!
ABOUT KNICKERBOCKER GROUP
Knickerbocker Group is an employee-owned (ESOP), award-winning design-build firm offering architecture, interior design, and construction services for custom homes and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, we are a group of inspired collaborators who are committed to craft and creativity, from design to implementation in the field. Our work is renowned for its rooted-in-Maine quality and recognized nationally. Our employee-owners are fueled by continuous learning, interdisciplinary brainstorming (e.g., designer+mason+carpenter), and passion for fine-tuning the design-build process. With 45 years of experience, we seamlessly provide the highest level of product and service to our clients.
Knickerbocker Group is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status. n
Interested applicants can contact :
Katherine Penley – [email protected]
or apply directly from our Job board at: https://knickerbockergroup.bamboohr.com/careers