Company: Knickerbocker Group Position Title: Construction Site Manager Location: Boothbay, ME
Knickerbocker Group is seeking a Site Manager in the Boothbay area to coordinate, supervise, and direct the work on our construction sites. They will be responsible for ensuring that all Company staff and subcontractors understand and follow the job schedule and are compliant with Company standards, policies, and procedures as well as safety codes and regulations. This includes actively monitoring the performance of work to assure excellent quality control; maintaining site safety, cleanliness, and organization; and professionally, proactively, and collaboratively communicating with all involved parties regarding project progress.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Manage the ongoing documentation of field variations from contract documents.
· Manage project costs and labor productivity.
· Continually track project progress and long-term projection of completion date.
· Hold regular coordination meetings to ensure all site crew understand the job progress and schedule.
· Perform material quantity calculations, cost and schedule estimates, and detailed procurement of goods and services in conjunction with and support of the Project Manager as required.
· Prepare and communicate the six-week look ahead schedule of work to associated trades.
· Oversee the completion of the project punch list, closeout, and warranty.
· Provide support through warranty period and beyond and maintain long term relationships with former clients.
· Assist project managers with the review of monthly estimates of work completed and material invoices as needed.
· Interact with clients on a daily/weekly basis regarding project progress and site-specific details.
· Work alongside the construction site crew, supervising and directing their work to ensure that tasks are done properly and on time.
· Actively monitor the performance of work to assure excellent quality control, and make certain that work, as installed, conforms with all plans, specifications, and KG standards. Identify and communicate any deficient work to the appropriate parties.
· Ensure site staff and subcontractors are compliant with safety codes and regulations, and company policies and procedures. This includes site safety oversight, training, and procurement of items required to maintain a safe and compliant job site.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum of 10 years of construction experience, preferably in high-end residential construction and with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a construction-related field preferred.
· Competent with basic power tools.
· Competent in interpreting construction drawings/ sketches/ shop drawings/ specifications/ product data.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Outlook, and Teams preferred.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Construction safety training – OSHA 10 hour.
· Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with employee premiums paid by the Company
· Health Savings Account option
· 401K Retirement Plan with 3% employer contribution
· Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance at no expense
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Stock Ownership Program
· Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Generous Parental Leave
· Continuing Education and Professional Licensing Reimbursement
CULTURE As a 100% employee-owned company, we strive for balance. We value spending time with our families, being active in our communities, and celebrating all Maine has to offer. Knickerbocker Group has repeatedly been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Maine and as both Best Architect and Best Builder in Maine by Down East magazine. We like to work hard and play hard too. If you’re excited to join a team of amazing people who work together on top tier residential and commercial projects, you’ve come to the right place!
ABOUT KNICKERBOCKER GROUP Knickerbocker Group is an employee-owned (ESOP), award-winning design-build firm offering architecture, interior design, and construction services for custom homes and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, we are a group of inspired collaborators who are committed to craft and creativity, from design to implementation in the field. Our work is renowned for its rooted-in-Maine quality and recognized nationally. Our employee-owners are fueled by continuous learning, interdisciplinary brainstorming (e.g., designer+mason+carpenter), and passion for fine-tuning the design-build process. With 45 years of experience, we seamlessly provide the highest level of product and service to our clients.
Knickerbocker Group is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.