There are bound to be some classically foggy days now and then on the coast of Maine, but don’t let the rain dampen your spirits!
Here are 5 wonderful things you can do on a rainy day in the Boothbay Harbor Region:
1. Games & Puzzles: Stock up at Sherman’s Bookstore for a wide selection of puzzles, games, and books. Whether you’re a puzzle enthusiast or a board game lover, you’ll find something to keep you entertained for hours. Or you can always do a little holiday shopping at our unique boutiques…
2. Curl Up with a Great Read: Visit the Boothbay Harbor Memorial Library, or the aforementioned bookstore, and cozy up with a captivating book. Escape into a world of adventure, romance, or mystery as you listen to the soothing sound of raindrops outside. We’re sure they can suggest some great Maine authors for your summer reading list!
3. Treat Yourself to Something Tasty: Indulge in delicious treats and local provisions from our many specialty stores offering a variety of mouthwatering options that will satisfy your cravings on a rainy day. Indoor picnic anyone? Boothbay Harbor Mart and Country StoreBoothbay Harbor –
4. Get Outside: Embrace the Scandinavian philosophy of “there’s no bad weather, only bad clothing.” Gear up, grab your umbrella, and venture out! Explore the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, where you can discover giant wooden trolls, wander the garden of the 5 senses, splash around in the children’s garden, or find peace in the meditation garden. Open rain or shine!The Boothbay Region Land Trust trails are always a wonderful option! Adventure through public preserves and over 30 miles of hiking trails throughout the region. The sights and smells of the Maine woodlands, salt marshes, and working waterfront will surround you as you come upon impressive vistas, along our rocky coast.
5. Art Gallery Tours: Maine is a haven for artists, and you can immerse yourself in their incredible creations by visiting the numerous galleries in the area. Marvel at stunning paintings, sculptures, and crafts that showcase the vibrant art scene of Maine. Rainy days bring on a sort of meditative state that can let the art really speak to the viewer! Take time to stop in at these wonderful galleries: Boothbay:The Butke Gallery
So don’t let the rain get you down. Embrace the opportunities that rainy days in Maine bring and create unforgettable memories!