The Southport Historical Society supports the operations of the Hendricks Hill Museum, the purpose of which is to preserve and display items relating to life on Southport Island in the period from 1800 to 1950.
Hendricks Hill Museum
The house was donated to the Town of Southport, Maine in 1987 and moved from its original location on Pierce’s Cove. Built by John Cameron in 1810, the central building remained in the Cameron family for 100 years. They were a family of fishermen. One year their vessels flew the high line, signifying that they had taken more fish than any other Southport family. The house has eight rooms: kitchen, parlor, map room, marine room, pantry and three upstairs bedrooms. There is also a boat shop and in addition to the original building which houses three exhibit rooms and a reference room with various archival and genealogical materials.
Open July and August
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
11 a.m.-3 p.m.